|February 24, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||TC||NBY|
|FG Percentage||.294 (15-51)||.542 (26-48)|
|3P FG Percentage||.240 (6-25)||.300 (3-10)|
|FT Percentage||.696 (16-23)||.684 (13-19)|
- 12||Shelby Britten
Sutton - 5
- 3||Kelsey McDermott
Courtney Lyons - 2
Regan McCarty - 2
Meg Essex - 2
- 4||Kelsey McDermott
NEWBERRY – Newberry will host Tusculum for the final game of the regular season in a doubleheader beginning at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 24.
WHO: Newberry College vs. Tusculum College
WHERE: Eleazer Arena in Newberry, S.C.
WHEN: 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 24
RECORDS: Newberry is 15-11 overall and 10-9 in the SAC. Catawba is 16-9 with a 11-8 mark in the SAC.
LIVE VIDEO: www.newberrywolves.tv
LIVE AUDIO: www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry County, www.wkdk.com, WKDK app, "WKDK" on TuneIn Radio app
LIVE STATS: www.newberrystats.com
- Head coach Sean Page has two 1,000 career point scorers so far this season; Nicola Handreck (vs. Limestone) and Meg Essex (vs. Queens).
- Meg Essex needs 32 more blocks this season to tie recent Newberry Hall of Fame inductee, Tiffany Johnson at 225.
- Essex has eight double-doubles on the season to equal 11 for her career.
- Head coach Sean Page needs 22 more wins to reach 200 at Newberry.
- Kelsey McDermott set career highs in points (15), field goals (6), rebounds (7), and steals (4) in Wednesday’s win over Coker.
- Against Mars Hill, Newberry set a season high in points in a period at 31, Georgia Elliott-King set a career high in points with 19, and bench set a new season high with 39 points.
- Shelby Britten had her sixth 20-plus point game of the season vs. Wingate, scoring 25
- Picked to finish eighth in the 2017-18 SAC Women’s Basketball Preseason Poll.
- Returned only three starters.
- Defeated Division I UNC-G in an exhibition Dec. 19 with a final score of 71-69.
- Junior, forward, Kasey Johnson was a Second-Team Preseason All-Conference selection.
For complete coverage, view game notes from the Newberry Athletic Communications staff.