|February 19, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||MHU|
|FG Percentage||.370 (17-46)||.293 (17-58)|
|3P FG Percentage||.278 (5-18)||.320 (8-25)|
|FT Percentage||.929 (13-14)||.667 (2-3)|
- 11||Mariah Johnson
Georgia Elliott-King - 6
Courtney Lyons - 6
Meg Essex - 6
Shelby Britten - 4
Regan McCarty - 1
Daijah Cousins - 1
Shelby Britten - 1
NEWBERRY – Newberry will travel to play the Lions of Mars Hill today in a conference doubleheader starting at 6:00 p.m.
WHO: Newberry College vs. Mars Hill University
WHERE: Stanford Arena in Mars Hill, N.C.
WHEN: 6:00 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 19
RECORDS: Newberry is 13-11 overall and 8-9 in the SAC. Mars Hill is 2-24 with a 1-17 mark in the SAC.
LIVE VIDEO: www.newberrywolves.tv
LIVE AUDIO: www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry County, www.wkdk.com, WKDK app, "WKDK" on TuneIn Radio app
LIVE STATS: www.newberrystats.com
- Head coach Sean Page has two 1,000 career point scorers so far this season; Nicola Handreck (vs. Limestone) and Meg Essex (vs. Queens).
- Meg Essex needs 40 more blocks this season to tie recent Newberry Hall of Fame inductee, Tiffany Johnson at 225.
- Essex has eight double-doubles on the season to equal 11 for her career.
- Head coach Sean Page needs 24 more wins to reach 200 at Newberry.
- Kelsey McDermott set career highs in points (15), field goals (6), rebounds (7), and steals (4) in Wednesday’s win over Coker.
- Against Mars Hill, Newberry set a season high in points in a period at 31, Georgia Elliott-King set a career high in points with 19, and bench set a new season high with 39 points.
- Shelby Britten had her sixth 20-plus point game of the season vs. Wingate, scoring 25.
MARS HILL STORYLINES
- Picked up their second win on the season against Queens University of Charlotte 80-79, first conference win of the season.
- Roster: eight freshmen, two sophomores, three juniors, and one senior.
- Picked to round out the South Atlantic Conference in the 2017-18 Women’s Basketball Preseason Poll.
For complete coverage, view game notes from the Newberry Athletic Communications staff.