|February 10, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||AU||NBY|
|FG Percentage||.414 (24-58)||.279 (17-61)|
|3P FG Percentage||.222 (4-18)||.200 (3-15)|
|FT Percentage||.800 (16-20)||1.000 (6-6)|
- 16||Meg Essex
Mollenhauer - 8
Mollenhauer - 2
Tate - 1
Martin - 1
Mollenhauer - 2
Meg Essex - 1
NEWBERRY – Newberry welcomes in-state South Atlantic Conference foe Anderson to Eleazer Arena for a Saturday matinee tomorrow at 2:00 p.m.
WHO: Newberry College vs. Anderson University
WHERE: Eleazer Arena in Newberry, S.C.
WHEN: 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 10
RECORDS: Newberry is 12-10 overall and 7-8 in the SAC. Anderson is 15-8 with a 9-6 mark in the SAC.
LIVE VIDEO: www.newberrywolves.tv
LIVE AUDIO: www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry County, www.wkdk.com, WKDK app, "WKDK" on TuneIn Radio app
LIVE STATS: www.newberrystats.com
- Head coach Sean Page has two 1,000 career point scorers so far this season; Nicola Handreck (vs. Limestone) and Meg Essex (vs. Queens).
- Meg Essex needs 44 more blocks this season to tie recent Newberry Hall of Fame inductee, Tiffany Johnson at 225.
- Essex has eight double-doubles on the season to equal 11 for her career.
- Head coach Sean Page needs 25 more wins to reach 200 at Newberry.
- Kelsey McDermott set career highs in points (15), field goals (6), rebounds (7), and steals (4) in Wednesday’s win over Coker.
- Against Mars Hill, Newberry set a season high in points in a period at 31, Georgia Elliott-King set a career high in points with 19, and bench set a new season high with 39 points.
- Shelby Britten had her sixth 20-plus point game of the season vs. Wingate, scoring 25.
- Anderson is currently fifth in the South Atlantic Conference standings at 9-6 after two consecutive wins, a 75-69 win over Catawba and a 70-63 victory over Lincoln Memorial
- The Trojans defeated Newberry 71-51 in the teams’ first meeting in Anderson on Dec. 13. Four players scored in double figures for Anderson, which shot 49.1 percent from the field.
- Anderson tops the SAC in rebounding (45.3), rebounding margin (+9.1), blocked shots per game (5.6), and field goal percentage defense (35.1).
For complete coverage, view game notes from the Newberry Athletic Communications staff.