|January 31, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||LR|
|FG Percentage||.432 (19-44)||.273 (15-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.357 (5-14)||.125 (2-16)|
|FT Percentage||.600 (6-10)||.688 (11-16)|
Courtney Lyons - 1
Joyner - 2
Rodriguez - 1
NEWBERRY – Newberry women's basketball team will travel to take on the Bears of Lenoir-Rhyne on Wednesday, Jan. 31 at 6:00 p.m.
WHO: Newberry College vs. Lenoir-Rhyne University
WHERE: Shuford Memorial Gymnasium, Hickory, N.C.
WHEN: 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 31
RECORDS: Newberry is 10-9 overall, 5-7 SAC and Lenoir-Rhyne is 12-9 overall, 6-7 SAC.
LIVE VIDEO: www.newberrywolves.tv
LIVE AUDIO: www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry county, www.wkdk.com, WKDK app, "WKDK" on TuneIn Radio app
LIVE STATS: www.newberrystats.com
- Head coach Sean Page has two 1,000 career pointers so far this season; Nicola Handreck (vs. Limestone) and Meg Essex (vs. Queens).
- Meg Essex needs 52 more blocks this season to tie recent Newberry Hall of Fame inductee, Tiffany Johnson at 225.
- Essex has seven double-doubles on the season to equal 10 on her career.
- Head coach Sean Page needs 28 more wins to reach 200 at Newberry.
- Vs. NGU, Hannah Lepaio and Meg Essex became the first pair of Wolves to record a double-double in 51 weeks. Lepaio’s first double-double of the season.
- Vs. Mars Hill, Newberry set a season high in points in a period at 31, Georgia Elliott-King set a career high in points with 19, and bench set a new season high with 39 points.
- Shelby Britten had her sixth 20-plus point game of the season vs. Wingate scoring 25.
- Picked to finish seventh in the SAC and nabbed a player on the preseason All-Conference second team; Madi Suddreth.
- On a four game winning streak with victories over Queens, Anderson, Coker, and LMU.
- Took the season series against Coker with wins of 79-68 and 72-54.
- Other notable wins: Mount Olive 90-79, WSSU 73-69, Shaw 82-74, Livingstone 96-79, and UNC Pembroke 67-51.
For complete coverage, view game notes from the Newberry Athletic Communications staff.