|January 13, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||TC|
|FG Percentage||.561 (23-41)||.396 (21-53)|
|3P FG Percentage||.444 (4-9)||.214 (3-14)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (15-20)||.771 (27-35)|
Duke - 17
Johnson - 17
Shelby Britten - 1
Kelsey McDermott - 1
NEWBERRY – The Newberry women's basketball team will travel to face the Pioneers of Tusculum on Saturday, Jan. 13 at 2:00 p.m.
WHO: Newberry College vs. Tusculum College
WHERE: Pioneer Arena, Greeneville, Tenn.
WHEN: 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 13
RECORDS: Newberry is 9-6 overall, 4-4 SAC and Tusculum is 10-4 overall, 5-3 SAC.
LIVE VIDEO: www.newberrywolves.tv
LIVE AUDIO: www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry county, www.wkdk.com, WKDK app, "WKDK" on TuneIn Radio app
LIVE STATS: www.newberrystats.com
- Nicola Handreck reached 1,000 career points on Friday, Nov. 10th against Limestone in the Conference Carolinas-SAC Showdown.
- Essex reached 1,000 points vs. Queens Jan. 10,
- Meg Essex needs 54 more blocks this season to tie recent Newberry Hall of Fame inductee, Tiffany Johnson at 225.
- Essex has six double-doubles on the season to equal nine on her career.
- Head coach Sean Page needs 29 more wins to reach 200 at Newberry.
- Against North Greenville Hannah Lepaio and Meg Essex became the first pair of Wolves to record a double-double in 51 weeks. This is Lepaio’s first double-double of the season.
- Versus Mars Hill, Georgia Elliott-King set a career high in points with 19 points.
- Versus Mars Hill Newberry’s bench exploded for 39 points, a new season high.
- The Wolves scored 31 points in a period vs. Mars Hill, a new season high.
- Picked to finish eighth in the 2017-18 SAC Women’s Basketball Preseason Poll.
- Junior, forward, Kasey Johnson was a Second-Team Preseason All-Conference selection.
- Returned only three starters.
- Defeated Division I UNC-G in an exhibition Dec. 19 with a final score of 71-69.
- Mia Long was Jan. 1st AstroTurf SAC Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for her performances against LR and Mars Hill.
For complete coverage, view game notes from the Newberry Athletic Communications staff.