|January 03, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||COKER|
|FG Percentage||.353 (18-51)||.431 (22-51)|
|3P FG Percentage||.250 (4-16)||.429 (3-7)|
|FT Percentage||.643 (9-14)||.813 (13-16)|
- 16||Erin Houser
- 11||Erin Houser
- 3||Hannah Stull
- 3||Caitland Considine
- 3||Janea Williams
NEWBERRY – The Newberry women's basketball team will travel to leadoff the double header against Coker on Wednesday, Jan. 3 at 6:00 p.m.
WHO: Newberry College vs. Coker College
WHERE: Harris E. & Louise H. DeLoach Center, Hartsville, S.C.
WHEN: 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 3
RECORDS: Newberry is 7-5 overall, 2-3 SAC and Coker is 5-6 overall, 2-3 SAC.
LIVE VIDEO: www.cokercobras.com
LIVE AUDIO: www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry county, www.wkdk.com, WKDK app, "WKDK" on TuneIn Radio app
LIVE STATS: www.cokercobras.com
- Returned 12 players and added five newcomers; three true freshmen and two collegiate transfers.
- Newberry was picked to finish fifth in the SAC Preseason Poll.
- Nicola Handreck reached 1,000 career points on Friday, Nov. 10th against Limestone in the Conference Carolinas-SAC Showdown.
- Meg Essex needs 60 more blocks this season to tie recent Newberry Hall of Fame inductee, Tiffany Johnson at 225.
- Essex has four double-doubles on the season to equal seven on her career.
- Head coach Sean Page needs 31 more wins to reach 200 at Newberry.
- Against North Greenville Hannah Lepaio and Meg Essex became the first pair of Wolves to record a double-double in 51 weeks. This is Lepaio’s first double-double of the season.
- 17 player roster with 11 returners and six newcomers. Of the 11 returners they bring back four starters including key returner Iresha Cooper.
- Brought in three transfers; Janea Williams (F/C) from UNC-W, Erin Houser (F) from North Carolina Central, and Hayley Kropp (G) from Guilford Technical Community College.
- Picked to finish 10th in the 2017-18 SAC Women’s Basketball Preseason Poll.
For complete coverage, view game notes from the Newberry Athletic Communications staff.