|December 16, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LMU||NBY|
|FG Percentage||.269 (18-67)||.391 (18-46)|
|3P FG Percentage||.368 (7-19)||.385 (5-13)|
|FT Percentage||.667 (4-6)||.600 (12-20)|
- 11||Meg Essex
- 7||Hannah Lepaio
- 3||Shelby Britten
Emily Griffith - 2
Kelsey McDermott - 1
Samara Hill - 1
Dasia Maxwell - 1
NEWBERRY – The Newberry women's basketball team will host Lincoln Memorial in a double header on Saturday, Dec. 16 at 2:00 p.m.
WHO: Newberry College vs. Lincoln Memorial University
WHERE: Eleazer Arena, Newberry, S.C.
WHEN: 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 16
RECORDS: Newberry is overall 5-5, and 1-3 SAC and Lincoln Memorial is 5-4 overall, and 2-2 SAC.
LIVE VIDEO: www.newberrywolves.tv
LIVE AUDIO: www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry county, www.wkdk.com, WKDK app, "WKDK" on TuneIn Radio app
LIVE STATS: www.newberrystats.com
- Returned 12 players and added five newcomers; three true freshmen and two collegiate transfers.
- Newberry was picked to finish fifth in the SAC Preseason Poll.
- Nicola Handreck reached 1,000 career points on Friday, Nov. 10th against Limestone in the Conference Carolinas-SAC Showdown.
- Meg Essex needs 65 more blocks this season to tie recent Newberry Hall of Fame inductee, Tiffany Johnson at 225.
- Essex has three double-doubles on the season to equal six on her career.
- Head coach Sean Page needs 33 more wins to reach 200 at Newberry.
- Shelby Britten has scored no less than 15 points in eight of ten games this season.
- Returned 10 players who are joined by eight newcomers.
- Entered this season ranked 24th in the WBCA Coaches’ Poll and 12th in the D2SIDA Poll.
- Picked to finish second in the SAC with efforts from key returner Shea Coker who was named to the All-SAC First Team.
- Player highs so far this season: Shea Coker 32pts., Emily Griffith nine free throws, Maggie Jachimczuk 10 rebounds, Emily Griffith six assists, Emily Griffith three steals, and Dasia Maxwell three blocked shots.
For complete coverage, view game notes from the Newberry Athletic Communications staff.