|February 27, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||BC|
|FG Percentage||.380 (27-71)||.508 (33-65)|
|3P FG Percentage||.300 (12-40)||.333 (9-27)|
|FT Percentage||.667 (16-24)||.600 (9-15)|
- 14||Demarcus Threatt
- 9||Miles Leathers
- 4||D.J. Bostick
- 4||Miles Leathers
- 2||Miles Leathers
Alex Moe - 2
NEWBERRY - The Newberry Wolves close out the regular season on Saturday, already knowing their South Atlantic Conference postseason road and hoping to hand their coach a milestone victory.
WHO: Newberry College at Brevard College
WHERE: Brevard's Boshamer Arena in Brevard, N.C.
WHEN: Approximately 4 p.m. on Saturday, February 27
RECORDS: Newberry is 17-10 overall and 12-9 in the South Atlantic Conference. Brevard is 5-22 overall and 4-17 in league play.
LIVE STATS: http://bctornados.athleticsite.net/livestats/bb/mbb/xlive.htm
LIVE VIDEO: https://www.boxcast.com/show/#/brevard-basketball-vs-newberry-441722
LIVE AUDIO: www.NewberryWolves.TV and live over the air in Newberry County on WKDK-AM 1240
CLOSING ON A HIGH
- The Wolves were hoping to host a home game in the quarterfinals of the South Atlantic Conference Tournament, but thanks to Lenoir-Rhyne's upset win in overtime at Queens on Wednesday, the top four seeds are set.
- If Newberry wins and L-R loses today, the teams will tie, but the tiebreaker goes to the Bears based on their Wednesday win at QU.
- Newberry has the tiebreaker over Carson-Newman should those two teams tie, thanks to the Wolves' win over Wingate.
- So with the road to Timmons Arena already set, the Wolves must focus and prepare for a road game to close the season and finish on a high note.
KEEPING IT ONE HUNDO
- A win Saturday would give head coach Dave Davis 100 wins at Newberry College in his sixth season at the helm of the scarlet and gray.
LAST TIME OUT: Newberry 98, Coker 69
- The Newberry Wolves rolled to a 98-69 victory over the Coker Cobras in Eleazer Arena on Wednesday thanks to strong shooting performances in every category.
- Mitch Riggs scored 16 points on 5-of-7 shooting, including a perfect 3-of-3 from three-point range.
- Xavier Holmes scored 14 points and James Stepp netted 13, as 13 of 14 Wolves in uniform scored in the game.
- Newberry shot 57.4% (31-of-54) from the field, including 68.0% (17-of-25) in the second half.
- The Wolves also connected on 14-of-25 three-point attempts for a 56.0% percentage from long range.
- The excellent shooting night was rounded off by a 75.9% (22-of-29) free throw percentage.
LAST TIME AGAINST THE TORNADOS: Newberry 90, Brevard 58
- Newberry shot 46.6% from the field and 32.4% from the three point marker while shooting 50% at the charity line.
- Dhonte Ford went 6-12 from the field, 2-7 from three point land to finish with a game high 16 points and notched three steals.
- Brandon Taylor grabbed a career high 15 rebounds while finishing with seven points while notching two assists and one steal.
- Xavier Holmes threw down three huge dunks as he finished 6-6 from the field, with five rebounds and 14 total points while Ronell Crockett was one rebound away from a double-double with 13 points and nine boards.
- Newberry finished with 51 rebounds, 23 assists and 16 steals while forcing 27 turnovers.
- Brevard shot 40% from the field while going 20-50 and shot 36.8% from three point land.
- Fred Rambert had team high 15 points for the Tornados while Demarcus Threatt finished with nine points.