|February 20, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||TCM||NBY|
|FG Percentage||.588 (40-68)||.459 (34-74)|
|3P FG Percentage||.538 (14-26)||.390 (16-41)|
|FT Percentage||.636 (7-11)||.839 (26-31)|
- 17||Gerald Evans
- 7||Brandon Taylor
Gerald Evans - 5
- 6||Mitch Riggs
- 3||Brandon Taylor
Xavier Hill - 3
Brown - 1
NEWBERRY - After a tough road trip and a pair of hard fought losses, the Newberry Wolves return to the friendly confines of Eleazer Arena and look for revenge against the Tusculum Pioneers.
WHO: Tusculum College at Newberry College
WHERE: Newberry's Eleazer Arena
WHEN: Approximately 4 p.m. on Saturday, February 20
RECORDS: Newberry is 15-10 overall and 10-9 in the South Atlantic Conference. Tusculum is 11-13 overall and 7-12 in the league.
LIVE STATS: www.NewberryStats.com
LIVE VIDEO: www.NewberryWolves.TV
LIVE AUDIO: www.NewberryWolves.TV and live over the air in Newberry County on WKDK-AM 1240
HONORING THE SENIORS
- Prior to the game, the Wolves will honor a fine class of seniors who have helped usher in new waves of success in their time in the scarlet and gray.
- Senior day honorees will include:
- Student Assistant Coach Peyton Lee
- Ronell Crockett
- Xavier Holmes
- James Ashby
- Brandon Taylor
- and Mitch Riggs
REBOUND - IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE
- With the SAC Tournament only three games away, the Wolves have to rebound both literally and figuratively.
- The two-game losing streak has placed the Wolves in the unenviable position of the bottom four in the conference tournament - which would mean a road quarterfinal game.
- The Wolves' spot in the tournament is assured based on current win-loss totals.
- In the literal sense, Newberry has been out-rebounded in 11 games this season, going 4-7 in those contests.
- The two-game losing streak has seen the Wolves beaten on the glass in both games
- Also, one of the game the Wolves were out-rebounded in was the loss at Tusculum.
THE LAST MEETING: Tusculum 103, Newberry 98 in Greeneville
- The Pioneers shot 55.7% from the field to take down the Wolves.
- Newberry shot 50.5% from the field and 40% from the three point marker while shooting 85% at the charity line.
- Ronell Crockett led the way for the Wolves with 18 points going 5-6 from the field and 8-8 at the line.
- Brandon Taylor scored 12 points for Newberry going 5-11 from the field and 2-6 from behind the arc.
- Xavier Hill finished the night off going 4-4 from the field with two threes and 3-5 at the line which gave him 13 points.
- The Wolves conceded the first 11 points of the game, but were able to tie the game at 13-all. However, Newberry never led in the game.
LAST TIME OUT: Lenoir-Rhyne 86, Newberry 83 in Hickory
- The Lenoir-Rhyne Bears scored five points in the final 10 seconds to snatch an 86-83 victory.
- Both teams made exactly 29 field goals in the game, but Lenoir-Rhyne drained 16 three-pointers to the Wolves' 14 - as well as 12 free throws to Newberry's 11 - to provide the three-point final margin.
- For Newberry, Mason Spease was the leading scorer with 15 points on 5-of-9 three-point shooting.
- Xavier Hill scored 11 points and Gerald Evans scored 10 points.
- Lenoir-Rhyne's Keenan Palmore scored 23 points and Will Perry netted 11.