|February 17, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||LR|
|FG Percentage||.414 (29-70)||.460 (29-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.326 (14-43)||.444 (16-36)|
|FT Percentage||.846 (11-13)||.600 (12-20)|
Leskovar - 2
NEWBERRY - After a tough battle in the Cumberland Gap last weekend, the Newberry Wolves look to right the ship with a key South Atlantic Conference battle at Lenoir-Rhyne on Wednesday night.
WHO: Newberry College at Lenoir-Rhyne University
WHERE: L-R's Shuford Memorial Gymnasium in Hickory, N.C.
WHEN: Approximately 8 p.m. on Wednesday, February 17
RECORDS: Newberry is 15-9 overall and 10-8 in the South Atlantic Conference. Lenoir-Rhyne is 16-7 overall and 11-7 in SAC action.
LIVE STATS: http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statbroadcast.php?gid=lru
LIVE VIDEO: http://portal.stretchinternet.com/lr/
LIVE AUDIO: www.NewberryWolves.TV and live over the air in Newberry County on WKDK-AM 1240
KEY SAC BATTLE
- With only four games remaining in the regular season, battles for the top four spots are tough. The Wolves are tied with Carson-Newman for the fifth spot, just a game behind Lenoir-Rhyne.
- LMU and Queens have locked up their spots, with Wingate only a game away from sealing their home game in the first round.
RELIVING THE EPIC FIGHT IN ELEAZER
- In the last meeting between the Wolves and Bears was one for the ages.
- Newberry led by 15 at halftime, but Lenoir-Rhyne battled back to force overtime.
- The Wolves scored 28 points in the overtime, setting a Division II record for most poins in an overtime to win 133-122.
- Newberry shot 50.5% from the field and 40% from the three point marker.
- Brandon Taylor tied for the game high with 29 points going 8-of-12 from the field, 1-of-2 from three point land and 12-of-14 at the charity stripe while grabbing 10 boards to complete a double-double.
- Gerald Evans notched 19 points going 6-of-11 from the field, 2-of-4 from behind the arc and 5-of-6 at the free throw line with four rebounds, 12 assists and five steals while only turning the ball over once.
- Xavier Holmes was second on the team in scoring with 23 points and six rebounds.
- The Bears shot 47.7% from the field and 86.2% at the free throw line.
- Will Perry also tied game high 29 points while Keenan Palmore finished with 19 points.
- After facing one of thetop two teams in the nation in scoring at LMU, the Wolves will see the No. 7 scoring team in the nation Wednesday.
- Newberry is ranked third in Division II with a 95.0 points per game average.
- Lenoir-Rhyne is ranked seventh in Division II with a 91.7 points per game average.
LAST TIME OUT: No. 4 Lincoln Memorial 107, Newberry 97
- Mitch Riggs led the Wolves with 20 points on 7-of-9 shooting. He was one of four Wolves in double figure scoring.
- Xavier Holmes scored 16 points and Gerald Evans and Ronell Crockett each netted 14. Evans also added seven assists.
- The Wolves once again fell victim to a Railsplitter who was simply on fire from the perimeter, as Luquon Choice was 10-of-19 from three-point land on the way to 32 points, six assists and four rebounds.
- Choice was tied for high point honors with Gerel Simmons, who had 32 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
- The teams combined to make more three-pointers than free throws, as LMU made 18 long-distance baskets and Newberry had 14.
- Newberry shot 60.9% from three-point land.