|February 13, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||LMU|
|FG Percentage||.493 (35-71)||.494 (38-77)|
|3P FG Percentage||.609 (14-23)||.450 (18-40)|
|FT Percentage||.765 (13-17)||.867 (13-15)|
- 20||Gerel Simmons
Luquon Choice - 32
- 8||Dorian Pinson
- 7||Gerel Simmons
Dorian Pinson - 7
Xavier Holmes - 1
- 2||Emanuel Terry
NEWBERRY - The Newberry Wolves will put their four-game winning streak on the line Saturday against one of the nation's hottest teams when they visit fourth-ranked Lincoln Memorial for a 4 p.m. tipoff.
WHO: Newberry College at Lincoln Memorial University
WHERE: LMU's Tex Turner Arena in Harrogate, Tenn.
WHEN: Approximately 4 p.m. on Saturday, February 13
RECORDS: Newberry is 15-8 overall and 10-7 in the South Atlantic Conference. LMU is 21-2 overall and 17-0 in SAC action.
LIVE STATS: http://www.sidearmstats.com/lmu/mbball/
LIVE VIDEO: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lmu-athletics1
LIVE AUDIO: www.NewberryWolves.TV and live over the air in Newberry County on WKDK-AM 1240
- Two of the three longest winning streaks in the South Atlantic Conference meet up this weekend as the Railsplitters have won 11 straight games and Newberry is winner of four straight.
- Queens' seven-game streak is the only other streak in the conference of more than three games.
APOLOGIES TO THE TABLE STAFF
- The scoreboard operator, official scorebook and shot clock operator will all be very busy in Tex Turner Arena, as two of the top three scoring offenses in all of Division II.
- Lincoln Memorial ranks second nationally in scoring offense with 96.1 points per game.
- Newberry is third in the nation at 95.0 points per game.
- Only West Liberty's ridiculous 102.3 points per game average tops these two teams in Division II.
- To compare, here are the leaders in the other divisions of college basketball:
- Division I - The Citadel, 88.0 ppg
- Division III - Greenville (Ill.), 114.0 ppg - Grinnell (Iowa), 107.0 ppg
- NAIA Division I - Georgetown (Ky.), 98.2 ppg
- NAIA Division II - Briar Cliff (Iowa), 95.9 ppg
LAST TIME OUT FOR THE WOLVES: Newberry 93, Catawba 81
- A surge in the middle of the second half blew open a close game Wednesday, as the Newberry Wolves picked up their fourth straight win with a 93-81 victory over visiting Catawba College.
- Newberry had five players score in double figures, led by 14 points from Xavier Holmes. He also added six rebounds and four blocks.
- The trio of D.J. Copeland, Mitch Riggs and James Stepp scored 13 points apiece. Stepp added five rebounds to his tally, while Riggs and Copeland each snagged four boards.
- Brandon Taylor scored 12 points with a game-high seven rebounds.
- Gerald Evans had nine points, seven assists, three stals and two rebounds to only two turnovers. Ronell Crockett also added nine points.
- Newberry shot 44.9% for the contest, with a distinct difference in the two halves.
- The Wolves led 44-40 at the half after shooting 37.8% from the field.
- Newberry bumped its rate up to 53.1% in the second half to pull away.
LAST TIME AGAINST THE RAILSPLITTERS: No. 13 Lincoln Memorial 115, Newberry 94 - Dec. 19
- LMU's shooting was one of the best performances of the season, putting up 67 first half points to keep the Wolves at arm's length all day.
- Newberry shot 39.8% from the field and season best 84.2% at the charity stripe.
- Xavier Holmes picked up his fourth double-double in four games going 7-16 from the field giving him 15 points and 11 rebounds.
- Brandon Taylor notched 14 points, four rebounds and four assists while Ronell Crockettfinished with 11 points, three rebounds, three steals and one assists.
- The Wolves tallied 39 rebounds, 16 assists, 10 steals against the Railsplitters.
- The Railspliiters shot 65.7% from the field while going 18-28 from three point land giving them a 64.3 percentage.
- Jalen Steele finished with 40 points, eight rebounds, three assists and one steal in the win for the 'Splitters.