|February 10, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||CATM||NBY|
|FG Percentage||.413 (33-80)||.449 (31-69)|
|3P FG Percentage||.231 (6-26)||.391 (9-23)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (9-12)||.786 (22-28)|
- 22||Xavier Holmes
- 7||Brandon Taylor
- 5||Gerald Evans
- 4||Gerald Evans
Jerrin Morrison - 2
NEWBERRY - The Newberry Wolves will welcome the Catawba Indians to town Wednesday, looking for a fourth straight win and an undefeated homestand.
WHO: Catawba College at Newberry College
WHERE: Newberry's Eleazer Arena
WHEN: Approximately 8 p.m. on Wednesday, February 10
RECORDS: Newberry is 14-8 overall and 9-7 in the South Atlantic Conference. Catawba is 10-12 overall and 8-8 in conference action.
LIVE STATS: www.NewberryStats.com
LIVE VIDEO: www.NewberryWolves.TV
LIVE AUDIO: www.NewberryWolves.TV and live over the air in Newberry County on WKDK-AM 1240
LAST TIME OUT: Newberry 117, Mars Hill 93
- Junior guard Gerald Evans had a career night, as the Newberry Wolves put on a second half surge to cruise away with a 117-93 win over Mars Hill in Eleazer Arena on Saturday.
- With a huge crowd of basketball alumni on hand, Evans put on a show with a career-high 30 points to go with six rebounds, five assists and a steal.
- James Stepp scored 17 points with six rebounds. Brandon Taylor and Ronell Crockett each netted 13 points, with Taylor adding seven rebounds.
- Mitch Riggs had 11 points and dished out five assists and D.J. Copeland rounded out the double figure scorers with 10 points.
- Newberry shot well in every category, making 52.8% (38-of-72) of its field goals, 51.9% (14-of-27) of its three pointers and 75.0% (27-of-36) of its free throws.
- The Wolves were dominant on the glass, outrebounding MHU 50-34.
MIDDLE OF THE PACK
- Newberry is one of three teams in the league tied for the fourth and final home position in the South Atlantic Conference Tournament, along with Lenoir-Rhyne and Carson-Newman. The Wolves, Bears and Eagles are tied at 9-7 in the conference with six games remaining.
- Catawba is just a game behind at 8-8.
LOOKING AT THE STATS
- The Wolves rank third nationally and second in the South Atlantic Conference in scoring offense, averaging 95.0 points per game.
- Newberry also leads the league in offensive rebounds at 14.73 o-boards per contest.
- The high-possession of Newberry's style puts the Wolves at the top of some very disparate categories.
- Three-point attempts (694, 1st in SAC, 6th in nation)
- Three-pointers made (243, 2nd in SAC, 9th in nation)
- Free throw attempts (639, 1st in SAC, 8th in nation)
- Free throws made (440, 1st in SAC, 12th in nation)
POINTS PER 40
- Xavier Holmes leads the league in points per 40 minutes at 32.4 PP40.
- Mitch Riggs is 10th in that category at 23.4 PP40.
- Brandon Taylor is just behind him at 12th in the conference at 22.7 PP40.