|January 09, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||TCM|
|FG Percentage||.500 (34-68)||.557 (39-70)|
|3P FG Percentage||.406 (13-32)||.407 (11-27)|
|FT Percentage||.850 (17-20)||.824 (14-17)|
Greeneville, Tenn. – Newberry Wolves fall to the Pioneers of Tusculum on Saturday afternoon by a score of 103-98 in Greeneville, Tenn.
Newberry falls to 9-5 on the year while moving to 4-5 in the South Atlantic Conference. Tusculum moves to 7-5 overall and 3-4 in the SAC.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Newberry shot 50.5% from the field and 40% from the three point marker while shooting 85% at the charity line.
- Ronell Crockett led the way for the Wolves with 18 points going 5-6 from the field and 8-8 at the line.
- Brandon Taylor scored 12 points for Newberry going 5-11 from the field and 2-6 from behind the arc.
- Xavier Hill finished the night off going 4-4 from the field with two threes and 3-5 at the line which gave him 13 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Tusculum started off hot in the early going, scoring the first 11 points of the game. Newberry didn’t score till the 16:26 mark when Xavier Holmes put two points on the board with a layup.
The Wolves then went on a run of their own with scoring 10 points in a row to bring the score to 11-10. Newberry’s defense held the Pioneers from scoring for the next three minutes after jumping out to the early 11-0 lead.
The Wolves could not gain the lead as the Pioneers went up 21-20 with nine minutes left in the first half.
Tusculum went on another run to go up 35-23 with 5:18 minutes left in the first half. Newberry tried to come back but fell short at the end of the first half with a score of 50-34.
The second half started with all Wolves as they pulled with 10 at the 15:27 minute mark. The Pioneers pulled back out to a 64-47 lead when Zach Davis made a layup.
With about 10 minutes to go in the game the Wolves pulled back within six when James Ashby made a layup. The Pioneers pulled away again with a made free throw from Zach Davis.
Under five minutes to go, Mason Spease hit a three to pull within nine again for the Wolves.
Newberry couldn’t find a way to get on top as Tusculum pulled away with a 103-98 victory.
UP NEXT FOR THE WOLVES
- Newberry will be on the road again on Wednesday as they travel to Hartsville to face off against Coker at 8 p.m.