|November 28, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||WWC||NBY|
|FG Percentage||.509 (28-55)||.429 (24-56)|
|3P FG Percentage||.360 (9-25)||.111 (3-27)|
|FT Percentage||.455 (5-11)||.639 (23-36)|
- 20||Xavier Holmes
Devin Davis - 6
|Assists||Steve Horton Jr
Garth Bailey - 4
Kenrick Nesbit - 2
Devin Davis - 2
Garth Bailey - 2
Jaquann Lockhart - 2
Xavier Holmes - 4
NEWBERRY – Wolves second half comeback is enough to get past the Owls 74-70.
Newberry moves to 4-2 on the year after the win vs. Warren Wilson.
Warren Wilson falls to 5-5 on the year.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Newberry shot 42.9% in the field going 24 of 56.
- The Wolves shot 11.1% from behind the arc.
- Xavier Holmes finished with 21 points and seven rebounds.
- Ronell Crockett was next on the team with 12 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The opening seven minutes of the game was back and forth action with the score 12-11, Owls lead at the 13:35 minute mark. The Owls started to pull away after that as they went on to score 17 points in the next five minutes to the Wolves five points and take a 28-16 lead. With five minutes left in the first half, Xavier Holmes hit a lay up to cut the lead to 30-19. Michael Pomeroy came right down the floor to hit a three of his own to push the lead to 33-19. The Wolves were down big at half with the score at 41-24.
- The Wolves came out in the second half and stepped up their defensive pressure and forced four turnovers in the opening two minutes. The Wolves cut the lead to 41-29 when Ronell Crockett made a layup. With 17:25 remaining in the game, Xavier Holmes forced back to back turnovers in which he laid the ball in for four quick points to cut the lead to 10. Holmes then went on to score the next five points for the Wolves to cut the Owls lead to 43-38 with 15 minutes left in the game. Ronell Corckett then took over for the Wolves making a fast break layup and a jumper to cut the lead to one with 14:44 remaining. The Wolves took the lead two minutes later when Holmes hit a layup to give Newberry the lead 44-43. The rest of the way was back and forth action with the Wolves forcing a lot of turnovers. With 13 seconds left the Wovles were up 73-68 when Kenrick Nesbit made a layup to make it 73-70. Nesbit missed the free throw and the rebound was grabbed by Mitch Riggs and then he got fouled with one second left. He hit the first and missed the second which gave the Wolves a 74-40 win.
UP NEXT FOR THE WOLVES
- Newberry will face off against Allen this Tuesday with tip-off set for 7 p.m.