|September 23, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|NBY||TD||10:02||Markell Castle 12 Yd Pass From Nick Jones (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|C-N||TD||12:45||Derrick Evans 1 Yd Run (Elijah Holbert kick)|
|NBY||FG||09:12||Shea Rodgers 39 Yd|
|C-N||TD||05:40||D. Saulsberry 39 Yd Run (Elijah Holbert kick)|
|C-N||TD||00:21||Derrick Evans 2 Yd Run (Elijah Holbert kick)|
|NBY||FG||06:49||Shea Rodgers 38 Yd|
|NBY||TD||06:33||Austin Barnes 1 Yd Run|
|NBY||TD||00:39||Markell Castle 30 Yd Pass From Nick Jones|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||C-N|
|3rd Down Conversions||7-13||9-17|
|4th Down Conversions||0-0||1-2|
|Passing (Comp-Att)||256 (17-35)||168 (11-20)|
|Rushing (Att)||116 (28)||209 (48)|
NEWBERRY – Newberry travels to Carson-Newman looking to extend a school-record 10-game winning streak inside the South Atlantic Conference and send Carson-Newman to just its second 0-2 start in SAC play in program history.
WHO: Newberry College at Carson-Newman University
WHERE: Burke-Tarr Stadium in Jefferson City, Tenn.
WHEN: 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 23
RECORDS: Carson-Newman is 2-1 on the season and 0-1 in the South Atlantic Conference. Newberry enters the game at 1-2. This is the Wolves' first SAC contest of the season.
LIVE VIDEO: www.cneagles.com/live
LIVE STATS: www.cneagles.com/live
LIVE AUDIO: www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry County, www.wkdk.com, WKDK app, "WKDK" on TuneIn Radio app
WEATHER FORECAST: Partly cloudy with a high of 86 degrees and a mix of sun and clouds. Winds will be light and variable. There is a 20 percent chance of a stray shower or thunderstorm.
THIS WEEK'S TOP STORYLINES
1. Newberry is on a school-record 10-game winning streak in South Atlantic Conference games, outscoring opponents 374-128 during that span. Its last SAC loss came by a 27-20 score at Carson-Newman on Oct. 17, 2015, 708 days prior to this year’s matchup with the Eagles.
2. Saturday will mark the first time since 1979 that Newberry and Carson-Newman will square off without Ken Sparks patrolling the Eagles’ sideline. Carson-Newman won 25 of the 35 meetings between the two schools with Sparks as its head coach.
3. A Newberry win would give the Wolves three in four meetings with Carson-Newman for the first time since the 1985-88 seasons. Newberry’s most successful stretch against the Eagles came in the series’ earliest years when Newberry took eight of the first 10 meetings, including five in a row from 1949-60. Carson-Newman hopes to avoid its second-ever 0-2 SAC start.
4. Carson-Newman has won 12 of the last 13 meetings in Jefferson City dating back to 1990. Newberry’s only win in the span came by a 24-3 margin in 2011. The Eagles hold a 20-6 advantage over the Wolves all-time in games played at Burke-Tarr Stadium.
5. Nick Jones set a school completion percentage record against VUL Saturday by connecting on 93.3 percent of his passes. He finished his day 14-for-15 for 177 yards and two touchdowns. Jones enters the Carson-Newman game on a streak of 13 consecutive completions.
6. Newberry racked up 480 yards of total offense against VUL while allowing 82, the fewest by a Wolves’ opponent since Livingstone managed just eight yards in a 55-0 Newberry win in 2010. The longest drive allowed by Newberry’s defense was 17 yards.
7. Redshirt freshman Chance Walker leads the nation in kickoff return yardage, averaging 48.0 yards per return. He has returned four kicks for 192 yards, including a 100-yard return for a touchdown at Virginia Union that was tied for the longest return in the SAC in 26 years.
8. Newberry will wear white jerseys and gray pants in Jefferson City. The Wolves are averaging 43.8 points per game in gray pants since the start of the 2016 season.