|September 09, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|VUU||TD||08:14||TAYLOR 93 Yd Run (SOUZA kick)|
|NBY||TD||08:00||Chance Walker (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|VUU||TD||02:42||TAYLOR 9 Yd Run (SOUZA kick)|
|NBY||FG||00:39||Shea Rodgers 39 Yd|
|VUU||FG||12:40||SOUZA 36 Yd|
|NBY||TD||07:32||Dalton Brown 29 Yd Pass From Greg Ruff (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|NBY||FG||09:59||Shea Rodgers 24 Yd|
|VUU||TD||06:21||BAKER 2 Yd Run (SOUZA kick)|
|NBY||FG||03:20||Shea Rodgers 28 Yd|
|VUU||TD||04:35||DAMES 69 Yd Pass From TAYLOR (SOUZA kick)|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||VUU|
|3rd Down Conversions||6-21||5-15|
|4th Down Conversions||0-2||0-0|
|Passing (Comp-Att)||156 (11-38)||176 (10-25)|
|Rushing (Att)||81 (39)||234 (40)|
NEWBERRY – Newberry travels to Richmond, Virginia Saturday afternoon for a showdown with Virginia Union. The Wolves have never lost to Virginia Union, defeating the Panthers at Setzler Field in 2005 and 2016.
WHO: Newberry College at Virginia Union University
WHERE: Hovey Field on the campus of Virginia Union in Richmond, Va.
WHEN: 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 9
RECORDS: Both teams are 0-1 on the season.
LIVE VIDEO: Panther Vision
TELEVISION: WTVR Channel 6 Extra in Richmond
LIVE STATS: www.vuusports.com
LIVE AUDIO: www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry County, www.wkdk.com, WKDK app, "WKDK" on TuneIn Radio app
WEATHER FORECAST: Mostly sunny with a high of 72 degrees. Winds will be out of the north-northeast at 5-10 miles per hour. There is no chance of rain.
THIS WEEK'S TOP STORYLINES
1. Newberry has a school-record seven game winning streak in regular season road games against non-Division I competition dating to a 52-14 win at Lenoir-Rhyne on Oct. 31, 2015.
2. The Wolves have also set a school record with 10 straight overall regular season wins against non-Division I teams that began with last season’s 42-22 win over Virginia Union. Newberry has won 14 of its last 18 games overall.
3. Newberry has never lost to Virginia Union, winning the first-ever meeting between the two schools 55-7 in 2005 and taking last year’s contest 42-22.
4. The Wolves are 9-2 all-time against teams currently in the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association. Saturday will mark Newberry’s third-ever road game vs. a CIAA opponent and first since 1999.
5. Quarterback Nick Jones tied a career high with 16 completion in the loss to The Citadel.
6. The Wolves’ 11 passing first downs this season rank second in the South Atlantic Conference behind Catawba’s 14.
7. Will Elm’s second quarter interception and 31-yard return to set up Newberry’s first score at The Citadel was the first turnover of the senior outside linebacker’s career.
9. Virginia Union’s Hovey Field, which opened in 1909, is the third-oldest college football stadium still in use today behind Franklin Field (Pennsylvania - 1895) and Harvard Stadium (Harvard - 1903).
10. Newberry is 5-10 in games played in the state of Virginia. The Wolves are making their first visit to the Commonwealth in 27 years.
For complete coverage, view game notes from the Newberry Athletic Communications staff and the South Atlantic Conference's Weekly Report. This story will be updated with Virginia Union's game notes when they are released.