|October 22, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|NBY||TD||11:22||Romelo Doctor 1 Yd Run (Troy Cann kick)|
|NBY||TD||06:43||Wesley Jordan 31 Yd Pass From Raleigh Yeldell (Troy Cann kick)|
|NBY||TD||02:41||Romelo Doctor 10 Yd Run (Troy Cann missed kick)|
|BC||TD||02:23||M. Henley 72 Yd Pass From B. Craven (D. Rogers kick)|
|NBY||TD||10:46||Romelo Doctor 17 Yd Run (Troy Cann kick)|
|NBY||TD||01:12||Rameak Smith (Troy Cann kick)|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||BC|
|3rd Down Conversions||5-10||4-14|
|4th Down Conversions||0-1||1-1|
|Passing (Comp-Att)||243 (21-30)||81 (5-12)|
|Rushing (Att)||164 (33)||132 (48)|
NEWBERRY – Newberry will look to tie seven-game winning streaks from 1924 and 1953 for the second-longest streak in school history as the Wolves travel to face Brevard's option-based attack on Saturday afternoon in the mountains of western North Carolina. A top-25 ranking for the first time since November 2013 could be in store for Newberry with a win, with the Wolves entering the weekend one spot out of the AFCA Top 25.
WHO: Newberry College at Brevard College
WHERE: Brevard Memorial Stadium in Brevard, N.C.
WHEN: 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 22
RECORDS: Newberry is 6-1 and 4-0 in the South Atlantic Conference. Brevard is 1-6 and 0-3 in the SAC
LIVE VIDEO: www.bctornados.com
LIVE AUDIO: www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry County, www.wkdk.com, "WKDK" on TuneIn Radio smartphone app
LIVE STATS: www.bctornados.com
WEATHER FORECAST: Sunny with a high of 59 degrees and winds of 10 to 20 miles per hour. There is a 10 percent chance of rain.
NEWS AND NOTES
• Saturday is the 103-year anniversary of the first recorded football game in Newberry history, a 16-7 win over Furman at a neutral site in Union, S.C.
• Newberry is one spot out of the top 25 in this week’s AFCA Division II poll.
• The Wolves enter the Brevard game on a six-game winning streak, tied with streaks in 1959 and 2013 for the fourth-longest in school history. Newberry won 10 games in a row in 2006 and seven in a row in both 1924 and 1953 (a tie with Presbyterian extended the unbeaten streak to eight games). Newberry also had an eight-game unbeaten streak in 1971.
• Newberry has given up a grand total of 17 points in the second half of its last four games combined.
• Quarterback Raleigh Yeldell leads the South Atlantic Conference in completions by 100 over David Salmon of Mars Hill (183-83) and has more than doubled second-place Salmon in both passing yards (2,163-1,054) and passing touchdowns (19-8).
• Yeldell threw four touchdowns, each to a different receiver, in the Carson-Newman win. It is the first time in school history a Newberry quarterback has thrown at least four touchdowns without any receiver recording multiple scores.
• Carson-Newman came into last week’s game with the ninth-ranked offense in the nation, averaging 507.8 total yards per game with 317.7 coming on the ground. Newberry held the Eagles to 143 yards below their season average (365), including 172 yards (146) less than their rushing average. Carson-Newman dropped to 18th in the total offense rankings.
• Yeldell is 785 yards shy of surpassing Josh Stepp’s single-season school record for total offense (3,213 yards in 2004).
• Newberry is averaging 34.3 points per game, on pace to be the third-highest scoring season in school history and less than a point from matching the school record of 35.0 points per game set in 2007.
• Newberry is 3-1 all-time in road games at Brevard, including a 2-1 record at Brevard Memorial Stadium and a win in 2010 when Brevard played its home schedule in Asheville.
• Brevard boasts the nation’s eighth-best passing defense, allowing just 152.0 yards per game. The Tornados have not allowed an opponent to reach 200 passing yards since Sept. 10.