|October 15, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|C-N||TD||14:47||Aaron Seward 75 Yd Pass From Antonio Wimbush (Jonathan King missed kick)|
|C-N||TD||05:51||Darvia DuBose 17 Yd Pass From Noah Suber (Jonathan King kick)|
|NBY||TD||03:41||B. Staggers 35 Yd Pass From Raleigh Yeldell (Shea Rodgers missed kick)|
|NBY||TD||14:53||Markell Castle 23 Yd Pass From Raleigh Yeldell|
|NBY||TD||08:27||Cole Watson 5 Yd Pass From Raleigh Yeldell (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|C-N||TD||03:55||M. Taylor 17 Yd Run|
|NBY||TD||01:01||Braxton Ivery 15 Yd Pass From Raleigh Yeldell (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|Stats at a Glance||C-N||NBY|
|3rd Down Conversions||8-16||6-12|
|4th Down Conversions||1-2||1-3|
|Passing (Comp-Att)||219 (12-19)||312 (27-38)|
|Rushing (Att)||146 (51)||112 (29)|
NEWBERRY – Newberry looks to win a sixth straight game for the first time since 2013 as the Wolves welcome Carson-Newman to Setzler Field for Homecoming. The Eagles are led by the legendary Ken Sparks, who is now fifth all-time in college football history with 337 career victories in 37 years at the helm of the Carson-Newman program. Newberry can maintain its lead on the rest of the South Atlantic Conference with a win and remain in the driver's seat for a league championship and postseason bid.
WHO: Carson-Newman University at Newberry College
WHERE: Historic Setzler Field on the campus of Newberry College
WHEN: 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 15
RECORDS: Carson-Newman is 3-3 with a 2-2 mark in the South Atlantic Conference. Newberry enters the contest at 5-1 and a perfect 3-0 in the league.
LIVE VIDEO: www.newberrywolves.tv
LIVE AUDIO: www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry County, www.wkdk.com, "WKDK" on TuneIn smartphone app
LIVE STATS: www.newberrystats.com
WEATHER FORECAST: Mostly cloudy with a high of 71 degrees. Winds are expected to be light and variable, and there is a 10 percent chance of rain.
NEWS AND NOTES
• Newberry is running a campaign called #SellOutSetzler Saturday and hopes to break the facility’s all-time attendance record of 5,100 set in 1999.
• Carson-Newman’s Ken Sparks won his 337th game Saturday at Brevard, passing Pop Warner for fifth on the all-time college football wins list. Sparks is 337-95-2 in his career and trails only John Gagliardi (489), Joe Paterno (409), Eddie Robinson (408), and Bobby Bowden (377) at any level of four-year college football.
• Sparks has won five national championships and is in his 37th season at Carson-Newman.
• Newberry enters today’s contest on a five-game winning streak, its fifth-longest in school history and most consecutive wins since beginning the 2013 season 6-0. Newberry won 10 straight games in 2006, seven in a row in both 1924 and 1953 (a 7-7 tie with Presbyterian extended the unbeaten streak to eight games), and six in a row in 1959. Newberry also had an eight-game unbeaten streak in 1971.
• Raleigh Yeldell needs 203 yards of total offense to move into third place in Newberry history. He enters the day with 5,702 yards in his career (1,439 rushing, 4,263 passing) and ranks eighth in single-season school history with 2,094 yards of total offense in 2016.
• Yeldell is 53-for-78 for 583 yards and three touchdowns all-time through the air against Carson-Newman. He’s also rushed for 301 yards on 6.4 yards per carry against the Eagles.
• Cole Watson has 1,178 career receiving yards and needs 219 to break into the top 10 in school history. His 96 receptions rank ninth in Newberry history and he can tie Troyka Bates and Darryl Owings for 10th in receiving touchdowns with two more scores.
• Although Carson-Newman leads the all-time series between the two schools 31-20, Newberry has a 14-11 advantage in games played at Setzler Field, including wins in four of the last five meetings dating back to 2006.
• After the win over Mars Hill, Newberry has an identical .435 winning percentage overall (421-552-36) and in South Atlantic Conference play (127-165-4) in its 102 years of football.