|October 08, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|MHU||TD||00:12||Keshaun Taylor 21 Yd Pass From David Salmon (Tyler Stewart kick)|
|NBY||TD||12:04||Wesley Jordan 16 Yd Pass From Raleigh Yeldell (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|MHU||TD||06:27||Kedar Bryant 3 Yd Pass From Austin Brown (Tyler Stewart kick)|
|NBY||TD||11:30||Romelo Doctor 1 Yd Run (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|NBY||TD||06:38||Keinan Lewis 57 Yd Pass From Raleigh Yeldell (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|NBY||TD||14:28||R. Truesdale 22 Yd Run (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|NBY||TD||04:49||Romelo Doctor 2 Yd Run (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|MHU||TD||01:18||S. Christenson 9 Yd Pass From Austin Brown (Tyler Stewart kick)|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||MHU|
|3rd Down Conversions||4-11||6-15|
|4th Down Conversions||1-1||1-3|
|Passing (Comp-Att)||313 (22-34)||199 (20-43)|
|Rushing (Att)||144 (35)||213 (46)|
NEWBERRY – Coming off a nationally-broadcasted victory over Catawba on ESPN3, Newberry will look to earn its fifth consecutive win and take sole possession of first place in the South Atlantic Conference standings at Mars Hill on Saturday afternoon. The Wolves have not won at Meares Stadium since the 2006 season, when Newberry won the SAC championships with a 10-1 regular season record and advanced to the second round of the Division II playoffs.
WHO: Newberry College at Mars Hill University
WHERE: Meares Stadium at Ammons Family Athletic Center in Mars Hill, N.C.
WHEN: 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 8
RECORDS: Newberry is 4-1 and 2-0 in the South Atlantic Conference. Mars Hill is 2-3 and 0-1 in the SAC
LIVE VIDEO: www.marshilllions.com
LIVE AUDIO: www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry County, www.wkdk.com, "WKDK" on TuneIn smartphone app
LIVE STATS: www.marshilllions.com
WEATHER FORECAST: Mostly cloudy with a high of 67 degrees and winds from the north at 10-20 mph. There is a 20 percent chance of rain.
NEWS AND NOTES
• Newberry and Mars Hill are meeting for the 46th time on Saturday. Mars Hill leads the series 30-15, including a 17-4 (.810) mark at Meares Stadium.
• Newberry quarterback Raleigh Yeldell is currently 17th in school history in single-season total offense with 1,800 yards. He can vault into eighth place with 286 yards of total offense against the Lions.
• With 50 passing yards, Yeldell will become the fifth Newberry quarterback to reach 4,000 yards in his career.
• Cole Watson now leads the South Atlantic Conference with five receiving touchdowns after two scoring catches against Catawba. He also ranks third in the league in punt return average at 9.9 yards per attempt.
• Defensive end Jamarcus Henderson has 6.0 tackles for loss, 3.5 tackles for loss, three quarterback hurries, and 11 tackles over his past two games.
• Newberry blocked multiple kicks in the same game for the third time in the past two seasons last Saturday vs. Catawba.
• At 2-0 in league play, Newberry is tied with Lenoir-Rhyne atop the SAC standings. Mars Hill fell to Carson-Newman in its only SAC game of the season.
• Newberry is seeking its first five-game winning streak since beginning the 2013 season 6-0. The Wolves earned the No. 5 seed in the NCAA Division II playoffs that season.
• Last weekend’s game against Catawba was broadcast live from Setzler Field on ESPN3 as part of the Division II Football Showcase.
• This matchup features the two best passing offenses in the South Atlantic Conference. Newberry leads the league and ranks 19th nationally at 307.6 yards per game, while the Lions are second in the SAC and 99th in Division II at 217.4 yards per contest.
• Mars Hill is allowing 49.0 points per game, fifth-most in Division II, and 476.8 yards of total offense per contest, but those numbers are heavily skewed by a 77-7 loss at Division I Samford to open the season in which Mars Hill was outgained 573-136.
• Mars Hill has allowed 52 and 56 points in consecutive weeks. Newberry has not topped 50 points since a win over Lenoir-Rhyne in Hickory last season.