|September 24, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|NBY||TD||05:12||Markell Castle 11 Yd Pass From Raleigh Yeldell (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|NBY||TD||02:45||Keinan Lewis 23 Yd Pass From Raleigh Yeldell (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|NBY||TD||10:17||Raleigh Yeldell 1 Yd Run (Shea Rodgers missed kick)|
|TC||TD||07:00||Isaac Robinson 1 Yd Run (Will Tommie kick)|
|NBY||FG||00:51||Shea Rodgers 22 Yd|
|TC||FG||06:40||Will Tommie 41 Yd|
|NBY||TD||00:15||Braxton Ivery 12 Yd Pass From Raleigh Yeldell (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|NBY||TD||05:55||R. Truesdale (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||TC|
|3rd Down Conversions||9-12||3-15|
|4th Down Conversions||0-1||0-2|
|Passing (Comp-Att)||330 (30-39)||147 (13-26)|
|Rushing (Att)||172 (37)||87 (35)|
NEWBERRY – Newberry will look to begin its South Atlantic Conference slate with a win as the Wolves travel to Greeneville, Tenn., for a Saturday matinee with Tusculum. The Pioneers are winless on the young season and were defeated by Lenoir-Rhyne in Hickory, N.C., last Saturday night, while Newberry is coming off a thrilling 29-28 win on the road at North Greenville a week ago.
WHO: Newberry College at Tusculum College
WHERE: Pioneer Field at the Niswonger Sports Complex in Greeneville, Tenn.
WHEN: 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 24
RECORDS: Tusculum is 0-3 with an 0-1 record in the South Atlantic Conference. Newberry enters the contest at 2-1 and has not played a conference game.
LIVE VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pcDyJ9q4eo
LIVE AUDIO: http://www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry County, www.wkdk.com, "WKDK" on TuneIn smartphone app
LIVE STATS: http://tusculumpioneers.com/sports/fball/2016-17/boxscores/20160924_8tt7.xml
WEATHER FORECAST: Sunny with a high of 89 degrees and light and variable winds. There is a 10 percent chance of rain.
NEWS AND NOTES
• Today will be the 19th all-time meeting between Newberry and Tusculum. The teams have met each year since their inaugural game in 1998.
• Raleigh Yeldell has been named South Atlantic Conference Offensive Player of the Week in back-to-back weeks. His four-yard game-winning touchdown run with 1:04 to go at North Greenville has been nominated for D2 Play of the Week by HERO Sports.
• Yeldell has 1,171 yards of total offense through three games. Prior to this year, only 47 players in the history of Newberry football have surpassed 1,000 yards of total offense in a single season.
• Yeldell needs 299 yards of total offense today to tie Tim Singleton, a quarterback and wide receiver from 1989-92, for fifth in Newberry history with 5,078 yards.
• Yeldell set career highs in rushing yards (141) and rushing touchdowns (3) at NGU.
• Romelo Doctor needs 90 yards to move into sole possession of seventh place on Newberry’s all-time rushing yardage list.
• Newberry has scored 14 touchdowns so far this season, seven on the ground and seven through the air.
• The Wolves’ defense did not record an interception against North Greenville for the first time this season. Newberry still leads the SAC and is ninth nationally with six interceptions.
• Linebacker Joe Blue ranks sixth in the league in both solo tackles (14) and total tackles (23). He has also been credited with three passes defended, including an interception vs. Virginia Union and two pass breakups.
• Jamarcus Henderson’s three tackles for loss place him in a tie for eighth in the league.
• Newberry has outgained its opponents in all three games this season.
• The Pioneers began playing football in 1901, discontinued the program after the 1950 season, and reinstated it in 1991. Newberry has been playing football consecutively since 1913.
• The 19 straight season of playing Tusculum represent the 12th-longest uninterrupted series in Newberry history and sixth-longest active streak. The longest active streak is against Lenoir-Rhyne, which dates to 1946 (70 straight seasons), while the Wolves faced Presbyterian in 88 consecutive campaigns from 1919-2006.
• Sunday will mark the first-ever regular season NFL matchup of Newberry alumni as Ron Parker's Kansas City Chiefs host Brandon Bostick's New York Jets Sunday at 4:25 p.m. Eastern.