|September 17, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|NGU||TD||04:05||T. Scott 48 Yd Run (M. Gravely kick)|
|NBY||TD||00:36||Markell Castle 9 Yd Pass From Raleigh Yeldell (Shea Rodgers missed kick)|
|NBY||FG||09:43||Shea Rodgers 25 Yd|
|NGU||FG||06:57||M. Gravely 41 Yd|
|NBY||TD||00:18||Raleigh Yeldell 1 Yd Run (Shea Rodgers missed kick)|
|NBY||TD||13:09||Raleigh Yeldell 7 Yd Run (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|NGU||TD||11:39||M. Sanders 8 Yd Pass From W. Hunter (M. Gravely kick)|
|NGU||FG||03:58||M. Gravely 45 Yd|
|NGU||TD||04:09||T. Scott 7 Yd Run|
|NBY||TD||01:04||Raleigh Yeldell 4 Yd Run (Shea Rodgers kick)|
|Stats at a Glance||NBY||NGU|
|3rd Down Conversions||7-17||4-14|
|4th Down Conversions||1-1||0-1|
|Passing (Comp-Att)||215 (21-38)||96 (14-34)|
|Rushing (Att)||192 (40)||275 (36)|
NEWBERRY – The Wolves make the short trip to Tigerville on Saturday night for Newberry's first road game of the year. Newberry has been victorious in all but three of the 14 all-time meetings with North Greenville, including each of the first nine meetings, and will look to snap a four-game winning streak by the home team dating back to a Crusaders' victory in 2012.
WHO: Newberry College at North Greenville University
WHERE: Younts Stadium in Tigerville, S.C.
WHEN: 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 17
RECORDS: North Greenville is 2-0. Newberry enters the contest at 1-1.
LIVE VIDEO: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/north-greenville-university-athletics
LIVE AUDIO: http://www.newberrywolves.tv, WKDK-AM 1240 in Newberry County, www.wkdk.com, "WKDK" on TuneIn smartphone app
LIVE STATS: http://livestats.streamlinehosting.net/nguathletics/football/xlive.htm
WEATHER FORECAST: Mostly clear with a low of 68 degrees and light, variable winds. There is a 10 percent chance of rain.
NEWS AND NOTES
• Saturday marks the 15th all-time meeting between the Wolves and Crusaders, with Newberry holding an 11-3 advantage in the series.
• Newberry won the first nine meetings between the two schools, but a win tonight would give North Greenville four wins in the last six games dating back to 2011.
• Newberry’s six interceptions this season are tied with Black Hills State (S.D.) for the national lead. The Wolves intercepted eight passes all of last season.
• Rashaad Smith and LaQuan White have each intercepted two passes, while Joe Blue and Jimmy Holmes have one pick apiece.
• Raleigh Yeldell shared SAC Offensive Player of the Week honors with Wingate’s Lawrence Pittman after completing 84.4 percent of his passes (27-for-32) for 289 yards and two touchdowns against Virginia Union Saturday.
• Yeldell surpassed current Newberry assistant coach Hunter Spivey in two career categories in the win over Virginia Union. He moved into seventh with 285 career completions, besting Spivey by four, and is also seventh with 4,423 career all-purpose yards. Spivey was Newberry’s leading passer in the 1994-96 seasons.
• Yeldell is the SAC’s leading passer, averaging 368.0 yards per game. Carson-Newman’s Noah Suber is the only other SAC player averaging more than 175 yards per game and trails Yeldell for the conference lead by 154 yards per contest.
• Newberry head coach Todd Knight is seeking his 42nd career victory in his eighth season at the helm in Newberry, bringing him within a win of Dutch McLean for fifth on the all-time wins list in school history.
• Eight wins or better this season would place Knight in sole possession of second place on the school’s all-time wins list. Mike Taylor’s 47 wins from 1992-2002 currently rank second to Harvey Kirkland’s 72 victories.
• Newberry is 4-7 all-time in games played on Sept. 17, including an 0-3 mark when allowing exactly 19 points.
• North Greenville shut out Lenoir-Rhyne 45-0 last Saturday in Hickory and ranks 16th nationally in scoring defense.